With chilly weather in the fall, and long, cold winters, heating systems in Ohio need to be efficient and reliable to keep a home comfortable without excessively high utility costs. The best way to keep your heating system in peak operating condition is through routine maintenance and timely repairs, as necessary.
If you live in the Toledo or Bowling Green area, our team at Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating can help. We provide complete heating and cooling services, including heating system maintenance, repairs, new installations, and system replacements. Since 1962, we have been providing Homeowners in Northwest Ohio with quality plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality services. Our talented, certified HVAC technicians have the experience and knowledge to handle all your most difficult heating and cooling problems.
To learn more about our HVAC services, contact Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating today at 419-823-9143!
The Benefits of Routine Maintenance for Toledo Area Homeowners
Whether you have a gas furnace, a boiler, or a heat pump, as your heating system is used day after day, year after year, components will wear and efficiency will gradually decrease. Routine maintenance, such as changing air filters or cleaning burners, can help to slow this process and provides several benefits, including:
- Greater efficiency: By cleaning the system, lubricating components, replacing worn parts, and making adjustments, your heating system can run more efficiently, reducing your energy usage.
- Reduced utility costs: By reducing energy usage, your heating costs will also be reduced, without sacrificing comfort.
- Improved comfort: A system that is properly cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted can provide better heating performance and indoor air quality.
- Fewer repairs: During the maintenance process, potential problems can be found early, avoiding further system damage and unnecessary repair costs.
- Longer system life: By performing regular maintenance, you can prevent problems and unnecessary wear, extending the service life of the system.
At Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating, our team can perform all the maintenance required for your system, as recommended by the manufacturer. We offer maintenance services as needed, as well as ongoing maintenance through one of our convenient maintenance plans.
Contact us today to learn more about our maintenance services and plans!
Heating System Maintenance in the Bowling Green Area
Ideally, a full system inspection and maintenance service should be performed just before the start of the heating season, to make sure it is safe and ready for the coming winter, and just after, to prepare it for the off-season. Depending on the type of system, maintenance typically includes:
- Replacing or the air filter on furnaces or heat pumps
- Cleaning the blower fan and cabinet
- Adjusting or replacing the blower fan belt
- Cleaning the burners on furnaces or boilers
- Inspecting the flue and heat exchanger
- Testing the ignition system
- Cleaning the coils on heat pumps
- Checking the refrigerant levels
- Cleaning the condensate drain
- Inspecting electrical components on all systems
- Testing safety systems, like thermocouples or pressure switches
- Testing the thermostat
- Verifying system performance
At Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating, we provide maintenance and repair services for most common types of heating systems, including boilers, furnaces, radiant heating systems, heat pumps, geothermal systems, and more.
For information about the maintenance requirements of your heating system, contact our team today!
Schedule Maintenance Services in Toledo or Bowling Green, Ohio
With over 55 years of service in the Toledo and Bowling Green areas, you can trust our team at Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating to keep your heating system in great condition. We also offer 24-hour emergency services for problems that happen outside of business hours.
To schedule maintenance services, contact our team at 419-823-9143 today!