Providing gas log fireplace repair service in Wood and Lucas counties.
If your gas fireplace won’t light, emits a gas smell, unexpectedly shuts off, is producing soot, or is giving you any other sort of trouble, you are likely very frustrated. Gas log fireplace problems can cause you to use more energy, leave your house colder, inconvenience you, or even potentially put you in danger.
When your gas fireplace won’t work properly, it can be important to get professional help and solve the problem as quickly as possible. Because the system involves gases and can potentially emit carbon monoxide, you should always call a trained and experienced fireplace service technician to help you troubleshoot your gas fireplace.
If you are in need of gas fireplace repair service in Wood or Lucas County, OH, call Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating! Never ask “Where can I find fireplace repair service near me?” again. Contact us online or call us at 419-823-9143!
Gas Fireplace Troubleshooting, Inspections & Diagnosis
When the Northwest Ohio fireplace technicians at Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating repair your gas fireplace, they will:
- Inspect the logs for issues with their placement
- Clean the unit and free it of any dust, soot, pet hair, or debris
- Ensure that the burner is secured and properly aligned with the pilot or igniter
- Check for any corrosion or deterioration around the plugged ports
- Determine whether there’s smooth ignition and lighting happening
- Make sure the pilot flame patter is of the proper strength and pattern
- Inspect the thermocouple and thermopile to ensure they’re working properly
Don’t try to troubleshoot your gas fireplace yourself; there are many complicated parts involved, and you risk a harmful gas leak if you erroneously change something about your system. If you need gas log fireplace repair service in Toledo, Bowling Green, Perrysburg, or the surrounding Ohio areas, contact us today!
Maintaining Gas Fireplaces
One of the most effective ways you can stave off the need for fireplace repairs is to properly maintain your gas fireplace. If you want to keep your gas fireplace in top working condition for many years to come, make sure you:
- Clean or replace your logs periodically. The ceramic or faux logs that you keep in your gas fireplace can eventually deteriorate with age and use, and if they’re not regularly cleaned or replaced, they can start to cling to the sides of the fireplace or get trapped.
- Clean or replace your gas fireplace’s glass door or frames. The glass on your gas log fireplace can be chipped or scratched with normal wear and tear, and can eventually pose a safety hazard. Residue can also build up inside of the glass. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions and only use approved cleaning products.
Our Gas Log Fireplace Repair Service Area
While we are based in Haskins, OH, our gas fireplace repair technicians service Bowling Green, Findlay, Maumee, Oregon, Perrysburg, Rossford, Swanton, Holland, and Sylvania in Wood and Lucas Counties, Ohio.