On average, residential furnaces in northwest Ohio run for 6,500 hours every heating season. Over time this creates tremendous stress on the system. That’s why yearly maintenance is necessary. By having your furnace maintained annually, you can rest assured equipment performance will remain at its peak for years to come.
If you haven’t scheduled preventive maintenance yet this winter, learn what a professional inspection entails and the many benefits of making furnace tune-ups an annual priority. Never ask “Where can I find a furnace technician near me?” again! Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating is the only HVAC company you need to know in the Toledo and Bowling Green areas of Ohio. Contact us online today or give our team at Kellermeier a call at (419) 823-9143 for more information!
Furnace Maintenance Inspection in The Bowling Green Area
You can perform small maintenance tasks yourself throughout the heating season—such as changing the filter once a month and keeping air registers clean and unobstructed. However, for most preventive maintenance, you need a professional with special training and years of experience. Here’s what a Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating technician does when tuning up your furnace:
- Check the thermostat: It’s a simple piece of equipment, but without the thermostat, your furnace would not operate. The technician verifies proper calibration and encourages you to get an energy-saving programmable thermostat if you don’t already have one.
- Inspect electrical terminals: If needed, the technician tightens connections and adds a nonconductive coating.
- Check the condensate drain: If you have a high-efficiency condensing furnace, it generates condensate, which drains into a pan and out through a pipe. Algae or mildew can block the drain and cause the pan to overflow, potentially causing water damage. The technician checks for blockages and clears them if needed to prevent this.
- Verify proper system operation: The start and shutoff cycles should occur in a particular way, and if anything is out of sorts, the technician makes corrections for safe, proper operation.
- Clean the blower: This removes dust and dirt that tend to throw the blower off balance. A clean blower helps ensure proper airflow.
- Inspect the heat exchanger and burner combustion: A cracked heat exchanger could leak carbon monoxide into your home. Improper burner combustion is also a health hazard that a technician can remedy.
- Check gas pressure and fuel connections: To prevent a fire hazard, the technician checks these areas to ensure tight fuel connections and appropriate gas pressure.
If you are in need of a furnace tune-up in the Toledo or Bowling Green, Ohio areas, don’t hesitate to contact Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating online or give us a call at (419) 823-9143. Don’t wait until your furnace fails—get your furnace maintenance checkup arranged today!
Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance on Your Toledo, OH Heating System
Why are the above maintenance steps so important? Consider what a difference it can make to have a well-maintained furnace heating your home:
- Lower energy costs: Heating comprises about half of your utility bill in the winter. By keeping things clean and in good repair, the furnace consumes less energy while producing the same amount of heat, lowering your bills without decreasing comfort.
- Smaller environmental impact: In addition to saving money, using less energy is also good news for the environment. Any time you cut back your fuel consumption, you decrease greenhouse gas emissions and help secure a cleaner earth for future generations.
- Extended equipment life: Furnaces last years longer if you maintain the equipment regularly. A longer lifespan saves you even more money in the long run.
- Fewer mid-season breakdowns: With the ability to catch problems early and make small repairs, you prevent the need to schedule an emergency visit in the middle of a blizzard.
- Safer operation: Combustion appliances have inherent dangers to them, such as gas leaks and carbon monoxide exposure. Regular preventive maintenance puts your mind at ease since you know the equipment passes a trained technician’s inspection.
Keep your Toledo, OH home safe this fall and winter, and get a tune-up for your furnace! Let Kellermeier take care of your furnace maintenance needs—simply call us at (419) 823-9143 or contact us online!
Schedule Your Furnace Maintenance with Kellermeier Today!
To enjoy each of these benefits, make sure you schedule furnace maintenance once a year. For even more benefits, such as 24-hour emergency service with no overtime charges and 10% off repairs, sign up for an Energy Savings Agreement. Contact us online today or call us at 419-823-9143 to learn more!