Is your air conditioner not producing cool air? Will it not even turn on? At Kellermeier, we understand that calling an air conditioner contractor might be a pricey call that not everyone is prepared for. Luckily, there are several common troubleshooting errors that you can fix yourself.
Below, we have the top problems your AC could experience and how you could fix them from home! If you feel uncomfortable fixing the issues below or are unsure how, call an HVAC professional to ensure the job is done right.
Top 5 AC Issues
- Dirty air filter. If your air conditioner is not producing cool air, it could be that you have a dirty air filter! You can purchase an air filter at any hardware store and replace this at home.
- Dirty evaporator. Blowing warm air could also indicate that your evaporator is dirty. These are cleaned during regular maintenance; however, if you do not schedule maintenance you may have to clean them yourself.
- Thermostat error. Did you, your spouse, or child change the thermostat? If you notice it being extra warm in your home, check your thermostat to ensure it is on a comfortable temperature and is on cool.
- Breaker or electrical problem. Will your AC not turn on? Before you call an AC repairman, check to ensure your unit is plugged in the whole way and it did not trip a breaker. If these two items are in check, DO NOT try to fix any electrical issue without a professional.
- Duct holes. If your AC seems to be working fine, but air is not transferring from your unit to a room, there may be a hole in your ductwork. Most ductwork needs to be looked at by a professional.
When to Call an AC Repair Specialist
If you have checked all of the above issues and your air conditioner is still not working properly, it may be time to call an HVAC specialist. Your air conditioner is a big investment that keeps your home in Ohio cool at least four months out of the year. Without it, you could be sweating through the night or sitting in front of a fan all summer long.
If your AC isn’t working properly, call Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating for professional and experienced repairs. We can inspect your air conditioner to pinpoint the problem, give you an estimate, and fix the problem—most of the time that same day!
If you’re ready to call and schedule an air conditioner repair in northwestern Ohio, call Kellermeier today!