Dial (419) 823-9143 for Emergency Heater Repair
You know that northwest Ohio winters are harsh. However, they can be more than just uncomfortable—if a home’s heat system stops working, it can be dangerous for the occupants. Older adults, young children, and people with medical conditions like hypothyroidism are most at risk of developing hypothermia, but it can happen to people of any age. We care about our customers, so we provide 24/7 emergency heating services such as:
- Emergency boilers services
- Emergency furnace services
- Emergency heat pump services
- Emergency geothermal system services
How to Tell If You Need Heating Repair or Replacement
Regardless of how well a system is maintained, its useful life will eventually come to an end. Improper installation, lack of maintenance, constant use, and other factors will negatively impact the lifespan of a heating system. The following will help understand when your home’s heating system may require replacement or can make it a few more years with some needed repairs.
- With proper maintenance, a gas furnace will typically last from 15 to 25 years.
- Modern heat pumps can last for 20 to 25 years.
- Boilers often last for 30 years and some for 40 or more years
- The high-density polyethylene pipe used in closed loop geothermal systems typically have a 50-year warranty but reasonably can last much longer.
- Interior components of a geothermal system can last for about 20 years with proper servicing.
It is important to keep records of when you purchased your system and have documentation of routine maintenance performed by certified technicians. Know the specifics of the manufacturer and builder warranties in the event any covered components fail prematurely.
If your system is younger than the typical age that they die, you likely only need repairs. However, a professional inspection can give you a more accurate assessment.
Call Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating for 24-Hour Heating Services in Toledo & Bowling Green Today!
If you have a heat system emergency, the issue will be addressed as quickly as possible by one of our highly-trained and experienced technicians. If you have no heat in your home and the outside temperature is below freezing or is forecast to be that low, call us right away. Your comfort and safety are our top priorities.
Act now before you minor furnace, boiler, or heat pump issues become a big problem. Call us at (419) 823-9143!