A fireplace can create a cozy, intimate spot in your home–especially during the cold winter months here in Ohio. But how should you properly maintain your fireplace throughout the year to ensure it runs smoothly when you need it the most? At Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating, we install beautiful gas fireplaces throughout the Toledo, Haskins, Findlay, Bowling Green, and Perrsyburg, Ohio areas. Even though it’s not winter anymore, we thought we’d fill you in on some tips for keeping your fireplace in tip-top condition this year.
Cleaning Your Gas Fireplace
Before starting any maintenance or cleaning, make sure the gas valve is in the off position.
- Clean the burner: Use a vacuum cleaner host attachment to clean up any dust or debris you see in the control area.
- Brush off the gas logs: Use a paint brush to remove any dirt and dust you see on the logs.
- Clean the glass: You can use glass cleaner and a cloth to clean the outside and inside of the glass that surrounds the logs.
- Wipe around the outside: Use a damp cloth to wipe around the outside of the fireplace.
- Inspect for any damages: There are some things that you won’t be able to fix yourself. If you notice corrosion or other serious damages, call a professional to schedule repair or replacement.
Gas Fireplace Repair in Toldeo, Bowling Green & Perrysburg, Ohio
If you notice there are damages to your gas fireplace that will prevent it from working, contact the professionals at Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating right away! We will come inspect your fireplace and perform any necessary repairs, so you can enjoy the warmth when you need it.