Are you currently suffering through an Ohio summer without air conditioning? Or perhaps your current system simply isn’t meeting your needs. No matter the situation, the certified HVAC experts at Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating have the solution!
We’ve been providing superior, high-quality ac installation to Bowling Green and the surrounding areas in Southwest Ohio for decades. When our patrons need installation services they can trust, they call on Kellermeier.
AC Installation Services in Northwest Ohio
Our specialists carry all of the proficiency and knowledge needed to ensure your cooling needs are totally satisfied. We will ensure your system is installed to maximize its ability to provide you with the comfort you deserve by:
- Making sure your system is sized perfectly to suit your home
- Ensuring all ductwork is properly sealed to maximize cooling potential and reduce efficiency loss
- Making sure your system is SEER rated appropriately to provide the cooling you desire
- Checking that your air conditioner is easily accessed to make maintenance a simple and easy task for the homeowner and maintenance professional that will service your system
- Providing a comprehensive check of our installation to ensure proper air flow, and hitch-free operation. We’re not done with our work until we’re sure your installation in Bowling Green is perfect!
How Our Experts Size Your System
An air conditioner that is too small can leave your home too warm, or can dramatically increase cooling costs to get the comfort you want. But make the installation too large, and you’ll encounter the same problems, with the addition of “short cycling” that can leave your home uncomfortable and humid. Our experts size your system according to a number of variables, including:
- The size of your home
- Your local climate
- Home occupancy
- Amount of shade from surrounding trees
- Insulation levels
- Air infiltration rates
- Number of windows
- Amount of interior heat gain caused by appliances and electronics
With all of this information lined up, we can guarantee your system will be the absolute best fit to meet your needs!
Efficient Air Conditioner Installation
The most important day for your air conditioner is the day it is installed. Setting the equipment up properly is the most important part of air conditioning installation. Your outdoor unit should have plenty of room around it to maintain proper airflow and make future maintenance manageable. If possible, the unit should be placed on the east or north side of your home so it’s shaded during the hottest time of day. This improves efficiency and reduces equipment strain. The minimum efficiency rating, also known as the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), is 14 but some high-efficiency models are rated as high as 24.5 SEER!
Did you know that leaky ductwork can compromise the efficiency of your new air conditioner? During the installation, our technicians will inspect exposed sections of ductwork to check for air leaks and lack of insulation.
Checking the Refrigerant
Once the air conditioner is installed on a concrete slab outside your home, our technician’s work is far from over. He must now check the refrigerant level to ensure the charge is correct. Most systems come pre-charged from the manufacturer, but it’s best to double check. After all, an over or undercharged system could reduce efficiency by up to 20 percent.
Improper charge also puts extra strain on the equipment, resulting in expensive repairs. You can avoid these negative situations by choosing a reputable contractor who understands the importance of correct refrigerant charge.
The installation is almost complete, but there’s one final step: measure airflow and set it to the correct level based on air conditioning capacity and the size of your ductwork. Without checking and modifying the airflow, the air conditioner can’t produce a high enough temperature change to keep your home cool on the hottest summer days. If airflow is 40 percent lower than recommended, the SEER rating could drop a whole point.
The Benefits of AC Installation
Beyond meeting your cooling needs, a fresh air conditioner installation can net you:
- Increased efficiency. Modern air conditioning systems become more reliable, more efficient, and more cost effective nearly every year! With this in mind, you stand to gain an exponential boost in energy savings by seeking an ac installation with Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating!
- Higher quality cooling. Much like efficiency, the strength and cooling effectiveness of systems improves by leaps and bounds. To provide superior comfort and quality cooling to your Southwest Ohio home, opt for a brand new installation.
- Better air quality. Your air conditioning system is responsible for providing your home not only with adequate cooling, but also it acts as a low-grade dehumidifier and air filtration system as well. Over time your system can become bogged down with dust and small particles, drastically reducing the air quality in your home.
Expert Air Conditioner Installation in Ohio
Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating has been bringing quality ac installation solutions to Bowling Green for over fifty years! When it comes to our installation services, you can rest assured that we will not only meet, but exceed all expectations. Ready to get started? Call on a certified Kellermeier HVAC specialist today!