If you’ve spent any time at all researching heating systems, you have almost definitely come across geothermal heat pumps. Maybe you even own one! For those of you who are unaware, a geothermal heat pump provides ample heating and cooling, while remaining one of the most energy-efficient and ‘green’ options on the market. But how does a geothermal system work?
The specialists at Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating are here to explain! Geothermal systems are actually fairly straightforward, but at the same time pretty fascinating.
Looking to utilize geothermal heating and cooling in your home? Contact an expert at Kellermeier today!
Basics of Geothermal Systems
Geothermal heat pumps (also called “ground-source heat pumps”) perform exactly as their name suggests. A geothermal system harnesses the thermal energy intrinsic to the ground underneath your home.
The temperature roughly fifty feet underground remains relatively static. Geothermal systems utilize this natural resource through a pipe network dug underground. When heat is needed, the pump will extract it from the ground and transfer it to your home. In the summer, the pump’s function is reversed, extracting the heat from your home and transferring it underground.
A geothermal heat pump is simply a network of pipes set in a loop networking throughout your home and into the ground underneath it. With this system in place, you get to enjoy the benefits of prime heating and cooling, with none of the emissions, bulky equipment, short lifespans and high maintenance costs of other comparable systems! A geothermal pump operates nearly entirely off of its pipe system, along with a token amount of electricity to operate fans and other small components. This saves you big in efficiency!
Geothermal Heat Pump installation In Ohio With Kellermeier
If you’re looking for Geothermal heat pump services in Perrysburg, Findlay, Bowling Green, or surrounding areas in Northwest Ohio, contact Kellermeier Plumbing & Heating today! We can provide all of the skills and expertise needed to ensure you get the service you deserve!
If you’ve realized that your furnace isn’t working, and then noticed it was because something tripped the circuit breaker, it could actually be your furnace that is the issue. It’s a good idea to resolve any issues right away so the comfort of your home won’t be compromised. Your furnace could be causing your circuit breaker to trip if:
- An electrical connection is loose. The wires in your breaker expand and contract with temperature changes, causing the connections to become loose over time. This can cause the circuit to heat up, and can trip the circuit breaker.
- The furnace blower is being overworked. If the furnace blower is being overworked, your furnace may run for a while before it trips the circuit breaker. When the airflow in your heating system is blocked, your blower works harder to distribute hot air to all the rooms in your home, causing the circuit breaker to trip.
- There’s a short circuit. If your furnace trips the breaker RIGHT after turning on, this could indicate a short circuit. A short circuit occurs when a hot wire touches another hot wire. When two wires touch, electricity stops flowing through the entire circuit, causing the strength of the electric current to increase. Short circuits can cause a fire or other serious damages, so it’s important to contact a HVAC expert right away if you think you may have a short circuit in your furnace.
If your furnace is frequently causing the circuit breaker to trip, contact us for furnace repair. It’s important to get your furnace running smoothly so your Ohio home maintains comfortable temperatures throughout the year.
Schedule Furnace Repair in Northwest Ohio
Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating can handle all your furnace repairs, inspections, installations, and maintenance services. Our experienced team will evaluate your home and heating needs and recommend the best course of action! Call us today, at 419-823-9143 or contact us online!
It can be difficult to find an HVAC contractor you can really rely on to get the job done. However, there are some things you can do before hiring a heating and cooling company to ensure you get reliable service. Keep reading to learn more about choosing a dependable HVAC contractor in Ohio!
What to Look for in an HVAC Contractor
The best HVAC contractors are experienced and trustworthy. There are a few things you look for specifically to ensure quality. Make sure you look for an HVAC company that:
- Has experience and industry knowledge. An experienced HVAC company often has extensive expertise within the heating and cooling industry, and can get the job done right the first time.
- Is willing to provide reviews and referrals. A reliable HVAC company will be happy to provide referrals and reviews for their services.
- Offers emergency service. To ensure reliability, your HVAC contractor should be available at any time. After all, you never know when to expect an emergency.
- Will give you an estimate. You should be able to inquire about the estimated cost of services before you make a commitment. A trustworthy contractor will have no problem with this.
Need a Reliable HVAC Contractor in Northwest Ohio? Contact Us!
The functionality of your home is important, which is why you should always do your research before choosing an HVAC contractor to repair, install or maintain your heating and cooling equipment! We have provided affordable, efficient, expert service for over 50 years, so you can rest easy when you choose us for your heating and cooling needs. Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating serves customers in the Bowling Green, Findlay, Maumee and Perrysburg areas. We install and repair heating and air conditioning, provide expert plumbing services and home air quality services.
If you need an HVAC company you can always rely on, contact Kellermeier Plumbing and Heating.